Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Celtics Blog lays down the gauntlet?

“They say imitation is the most sincere form of flattery, so I’m blushing more and more these days. First the Globe stole my “Celtics Blog” name, then they introduced a gaggle of 3 staff members to maintain a “fan blog.” Yep, it took 3 of them to compete with me and they still only pump ‘em out once or twice a week. Over the summer, I watched several blogs crop up out of nowhere, bringing the total to somewhere over 10 (the most in the NBA).” – Jeff Clark on Celtics Blog

I really considered a Celtics Blog/Celtics Bandwagon feud. However, cooler heads prevailed. Why am I backing down? To the untrained eye one would think that Celtic Blog’s superior format, numerous posts a week, something called influence and a little thing called readers detered me. But in the words of Terrible Terry Tate, “That don’t faze me!” The real reasons?

1. It’s a little early in my blogging career to make enemies. Outside of Lebron that is.
2. It’s not like it’s a Laker’s blog.
3. They have a lot of good links over there.
4. If I were going to engage in a guerilla style war for the hearts and minds of Celtics fans I wouldn’t openly declare it. You think the Midwest knew the Russians and Cubans were coming in Red Dawn? I think not. So I’ll be off in the corner working on my posts and influence.
5. Wolverines!

No comments: