Thursday, October 05, 2006

Michael Olowokandi is in camp?

I was shocked to learn via Celtics blog and Shira Springer of the Boston Globe (SURPRISE! - registration required) that Michael Olowokandi is in camp. And I wasn’t the only one:

"I was surprised to see him. But he's talented, he knows the game, and he's a very smart player. Plus, he got his hair cut." – Kendrick Perkins.

I was concerned about the Kandi man as a player. But then he got a haircut. Now I don’t know what to think. However, one thing remains clear about Olowokandi's arrival in camp. It forces me to think about the episode of Seinfeld where Kramer worked at Brand/Leland without being hired or paid. Towards the end of the episode he had the following exchange with his boss, Mr. Leland:

KRAMER: What did you want to see me about, Mr. Leland?

LELAND: Kramer, I've.. been reviewing your work.. Quite frankly, it stinks.

KRAMER: Well, I ah.. been havin' trouble at home and uh.. I mean, ah, you know, I'll work harder, nights, weekends, whatever it takes..

LELAND: No, no, I don't think that's going to, do it, uh. These reports you handed in. It's almost as if you have no business training at all.. I don't know what this is supposed to be!

KRAMER: Well, I'm uh, just--tryin' to get ahead..

LELAND: Well, I'm sorry. There's just no way that we could keep you on.

KRAMER: I don't even really work here!

LELAND: That's what makes this so difficult.

I picture a similar Ainge/Olowokandi summit in the coming weeks.

Finally, what the hell is going on in that T-Wolves picture?

No comments: