Friday, October 27, 2006

Random NBA stuff

I do not know much about Rick Telander. I have heard of his book Heaven is a Playground but have not gotten around to reading it. Furthermore, I’m not entirely sure how the commentary from his posse, the “Heaven Boyz” will play out over on ESPN. But it sure is off to a great start with Stephon Marbury’s analogy about the 2005-2006 New York Knicks:

"I mean, it's kind of like when you put white clothes and yellow clothes and blue clothes and all of them different type clothes together when you're supposed to wash them separately. It's kind of like that. When the white clothes came out, you were like, 'Damn, why did I do that? That was a mistake.' It's kind of like that, but everything happens for a reason. Nothing happens just because. But I think everyone learned a lot from this year. I know for myself, I did.”

And don’t miss the Jalen Rose, a.k.a. “The Natural”, commentary.

No comments: