Saturday, November 11, 2006

Can we get Bassy an inhaler?

Sebastian Telfair left last night’s game complaining of chest pain and shortness of breath. He then went to New England Baptist Hospital for a series of tests and was diagnosed with a bronchospasm. In his absence Delonte became the #1 point guard and Rondo saw the light of day again. At the very least Rajon showed that he deserves time. But I was also intrigued by Delonte’s take on Telfair’s absence, “I didn’t know he was hurt, but I did see him signal to Doc to send a sub in. All I know is I got the call. But I didn’t know there was a problem until I saw he wasn’t on the bench.” Granted West may have been quoted out of context and you never want to comment on someone else’s health. But that clearly was not a “get well soon” or “I hope he’s all right” approach.

- More on the game itself later as I’m watching the tape right now. And yes I feel important when I type, “I’m watching the tape right now.”

No comments: