Saturday, November 25, 2006

C's/Bucks - 11/25/06

The circus move Pierce made with just under a minute left in the third quarter gave the C’s their first lead of the second half and was ridiculous. It gets bonus points for prompting Tommy to say, “He’s got blood in his eye” in reference to Pierce. And yes he was speaking metaphorically although it is not a phrase I’ve heard in the past.

Things I wrote, “When the C’s become a jump shooting team they do not have success.” How did the C’s gun themselves back into the game? They were firing from the outside. Although in my defense, Pierce and Gomes did take it to the rim.

This was a huge win given the circumstances surrounding the game. From an earlier post:

“I listened to Sean Grande and Cedric Maxwell broadcast the Knicks game on WEEI. They made some good points. For example the Celtics were playing the first night of back-to-back games. The second game will be on the road against a Milwaukee team that is coming off two free days. This is not a good scenario and Maxwell stressed the importance of winning the Knicks game.”

More importantly the C’s were down by 16 and it looked bleak. On top of that the Bobcats and the Knicks defeats left fans wondering about the team’s character. So it was great to see the C's respond to an adverse situation.

Tommy was all over Pierce's effort on both ends of the court tonight. Michael Redd did end up with 24 points but Pierce and others made him work.

Al Jefferson did some good things tonight. I loved the blocked shot and he ended up with 10 points and 6 rebounds as well. At one point though Al held the ball in the post for several seconds, refused to pass out of a double team and then threw it out of bounds. Much like the Celtics as a whole, Jefferson has a ways to go.

I’m still terrified by what some of the league’s dominant big men (Yao, Duncan, etc.) will do to the Celtics.

It’s nice to see another team’s coach get booed. I like how Doc downplayed the win by stressing the fact that the Bucks were missing two starters (Bobby Simmons and Charlie Villanueva).

I was thinking that Gerald Green always seems to be cheering on the bench or meeting the players as they come off the court during subsitutions and timeouts. Mike Gorman brought up the same point midway through the fourth quarter. Maybe Gerald is just happy to be out of the D League. It doesn’t matter. I actually brought him up for another reason. Prior to the first Celtics/Raptors game of the year (December 1st) I will publish my favorite post ever.

I quoted myself twice in this post. I'm such a tool.

No comments: