Sunday, November 12, 2006

Fire?

I was watching the Saturday night highlights over on NBA.com, which included Josh Smith's tomahawk dunk against the Sonics. As Smith ran back down the court it looked like fire came out of the opposite basket. I ran it three or four times and sure enough it looked an awful lot like fire each time. Fire. So I took a screen shot (pictured right) and did some search to see if this was for real. According to Lang Whitaker it is, "The Hawks appear to be shooting fire out of the shot clocks whenever the Hawks score, or at least after big baskets. Looks really cool on TV, but I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a team shoot fire after made baskets before."

I realize that photo looks like a video game but the important thing is the fire. And yes I'm still not ready to discuss the game that led to a whopping 161 frustrated comments over on Celtics Blog.

No comments: