Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Injuries

Yesterday I argued that barring a trade only injury could lead to the Celtics developing a rotation. As brilliant as that post was Steve Bullpet correctly points out that the center situation is becoming dire. If not for the 3 game winning streak Ratliff’s back, Michael Olowokandi’s abdominal muscle and Jefferson’s recovery from an appendectomy would probably be bigger stories. Meanwhile Shira Springer reports that Kendrick Perkins (foot), Wally Szczerbiak (gluteus) and Delonte West (toe) have joined the walking wounded under trainer Ed Lacerte's (pictured right) care. I’m not prepared for a rotation that consists of Tony Allen, Ryan Gomes, Gerald Green, Paul Pierce, Leon Powe, Allan Ray, Rajon Rondo, Brian Scalabrine and Bassy Telfair. That takes small ball and Scalabrine’s playing time to whole new levels. On the plus side Pierce hasn’t lost his sense of humor:

“Maybe I should start something. Maybe I should slap Perk. No, I ain’t touching that man. He’ll choke me out. But we’ve got to start something on this team.” – Pierce joking about how boring it is now that the soap operas surrounding the Lakers and Knicks have died down.

No comments: