Thursday, November 09, 2006

Is Pierce a loser?

Last night on NESN Jackie MacMullan said that some players around the league don’t respect Paul Pierce because he took the money from a mediocre team and seems content with losing. Never mind that this flies in the face of how The Truth plays the game. He is not the Boston Vince Carter. We can debate whether Pierce can lead a team all the way. But I’m confident that he’s trying his best to win. Otherwise he wouldn’t invite the type of abuse he takes on a nightly basis. More importantly what players are saying this? Generally speaking I don’t question guys from Oakland who survive brutal stabbings. But that’s just me.

It’s important to note that I’m not implying that MacMullan is lying. And if she is, I'm not mad. How could I be upset with the reporter who taught me that BC standout Jared Dudley weighed 230 pounds…when he was 12?

No comments: