Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Mismatch, mismatch!

I went to a Junior/Senior High School that, as the name would suggest, was grades 7-12. When I was in seventh grade future UNH great/Chicago Bears cornerback Jerry Azumah
was a senior. As one can imagine the man who would go on to win the Walter Payton Award in college was one hell of an athlete. He was fast, strong, could do a back flip, and legend has it he once jumped out of the broad jump pit at a track meet even though it was not his event. This is important because I felt the need to namedrop. Furthermore, I was in a pick up basketball game once in which the ages and skill level varied greatly. On three consecutive trips down the court I somehow drew the short stick and ended up guarding Azumah. Each time he yelled, “Mismatch, mismatch!” He then received the ball and dunked on me. I have a point here. If the Bobcats are going to guard Pierce with Felton or Knight the C’s should run one play: post up Pierce.

No comments: