Wednesday, November 08, 2006

The Takeover

Saturday night Gilbert Arenas was introduced at the Wizards home opener wearing a boxing robe. Given that the Celtics were the opponent and #0 proceeded to drop 44 points that night, it’s only now that I’m able to put it in the blog. I'm not pleased with his dominance of the C's or the outcome of the game, but I had to mention it. This is all part of Arenas’ master plan for the season, which he calls The Takeover.

What is The Takeover? It is “just about everything. From taking over the city, I’m trying to take over the league, taking over sponsors, taking over you know … Just the industry of everything … Getting buildings in my name, getting leagues in my name … This is the time where, you know, me as a person is gonna go get bigger.” – Gilbert Arenas

I am not sure what half of that means.

Also, don't be surprised that Arenas did not mention the Etan Thomas/Brendan Haywood fight on his blog. Yes it featured punches, a body slam and ripped out dreadlocks. However the Wizards organization went out of its way to protect Arenas as he attempted to avoid a paternity related court summons last season. Gilbert strikes me as a loyal guy.

No comments: