Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Around the NBA

- It looks like Isiah Thomas will last the season. But don't confuse that with a vote of confidence. However, the biggest shot had nothing to do with the current Knicks coach.:

"I'm sorry about last season and about what happened with our coach. I'm sorry how it negatively impacted the team. I'm sorry we made a mistake hiring that coach." - James Dolan, Madison Square Garden chairman.

For a while there I almost regretted not getting T-Mac in my fantasy league. And then the seemingly inevitable happened.

- How many guys can score 21 points, grab 10 rebounds, dish out 5 assists, make 4 steals, block 5 shots and hit a three for good measure in a game? Josh Smith did it tonight. It would be nice if he did something similar to that on a more regular basis.

- I'd love to know what title was used more over the last few days - "InVinceable" (in reference to Vince Young or some variation of "You're with me with leather" (in reference to the old ball coming back.)

- First it got Allen Iverson. Now it has sidelined D-Wade. There is a new threat to NBA players: dental work.

- I found this quote about Kiki Vandeweghe prior to the 2003 NBA draft when he was still the Nuggets GM: "Scouts say it’s obvious Kiki is working on something, it’s just not clear what it is at this point." It wasn't intended as an insult and Kiki did get Carmelo. But that quote could be taken either way and Kiki is no longer working for Denver.

- I still think it's not right for a grown man to wear a wristband with another man's name on it. But I thought about it last night. I quickly forgot about it and bench pressed 350 before doing a bunch of other wicked masculine stuff.

No comments: