Saturday, December 16, 2006

Random Points

Go to NBA.com and check out the video of the prank Jason Richardson pulled on rookie Patrick O’Bryant. It’s definitely from the Gilbert Arenas school of team bonding.

In case anyone was wondering Pau Gasol is the guy I’d inexplicably like to punch in the face. Really I have absolutely no reason. The bigger point though is how can a fan base that lived through Bill Walton and Kevin McHale feel good about a big guy coming off a broken foot. Am I alone on this one?

I’d be remiss if I did not credit NESN with replaying Japan/Cuba from the World Baseball Classic tonight just so New Englanders had a chance to see Daisuke Matsuzaka. Credit Bill Simmons with picking up on Matsuzaka’s jacket: “And second, it's always a little scary when the Red Sox spend $103 million on a pitcher who owns the same winter jacket as my wife.” However, this should not come as a surprise. The Japanese jumped on the metrosexual bandwagon and have held on for dear life.

Dikembe Mutumbo had several blocked shots in last night's Rockets/Lakers. That seems odd to me.

"I'm sure if you asked them, it probably sounds good for them to say they have it all figured out, but they're 6-7 and we're 9-4, so go tell me who probably has it more figured out.” – Tom Brady sounding off about the Dolphins after last week’s loss. You can catch the context in Jemele Hill’s article about Teflon athletes.

No comments: