Monday, December 18, 2006

Taking copyright seriously

This video has been removed at the request of copyright owner National Basketball Association Properties, Inc. because its content was used without permission

I received this message when revisiting my post about the Knicks/Nuggets brawl. That means it was up for 24 hours. But is that a good thing? I can understand why the league does not want this footage out in cyberspace. And from a copyright stance they are covered. However, I feel that by taking this action* the NBA revealed how serious this event was, which in turn will only increase its infamy. Of course that is debatable. And how is the Palace Brawl footage still viewable? "He's absolutely out of his mind!"

* I have no evidence to prove that the NBA set the wheels in motion to remove the clip in question.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I wonder if henry over at truehoop is going to get the same treatment...

Jim said...

I would assume so. The fact that I posted it and it was taken down are probably unrelated. If Henry posted that clip the same would happen.

Nugg Doctor said...

I took my posting of the clip down too. The last thing I need is a "Stern" spanking from anyone!

Keep up the good work my friend.

The Nugg Doctor