Thursday, December 21, 2006

What?! NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here I am lying on my couch, dividing my time between blogging about inane subjects and SportsCenter when Michael Wilbon casually mentions that the C's will be without Paul Pierce for up to three weeks because of a foot injury. I feel like I just got kicked in the junk. I saw The Truth last night live. And he was awesome, minus the final possession, which apparently may have something to do with the foot. NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!! I was completely taken off guard, although apparently Gerald Green was too.

I was so blindsided that I thought Karl Ravech just used the term "sloppy seconds" in reference to a MLB team's pursuit of free agent pitcher Jeff Suppan. Wait he did.

But seriously what are the implications of this?

- All of the sudden Friday's Sixers game is much better on paper.

- The C's are practicing with 8 guys right now.

- It's a star league. And mediocre eastern conference teams don't generally excel on west coast road trips without a star.

- Not to take anything away from the Nuggets, Clippers, Warriors, Sonics and Blazers but at least it's not the Mavericks, Spurs, Suns, Lakers, and Jazz. That said the C's are going to struggle.

- The young guys get to show what they've got. In a related note Tommy Heinsohn may have a heart attack.

- The C's may temporarily get back in the Greg Oden race.

No comments: