Sunday, January 07, 2007

Celtics News

- Steve Bullpet reports that the Celtics may in fact be a running team.

- Shira Springer relays a story about confusion that makes me think that maybe Tony Allen doesn't just black out after dunks. However, of greater interest are the following words from Brian Scalabrine:

"I don't have a bead on this team. I can't look around the room and say, 'Tonight, we're going to bring it.' I can't say that with this team. I just don't have that feel with these guys as I do with other guys. It's definitely the personalities on the team. I can't tell you if we're going to be focused tonight. I don't know why. Some nights I think, 'Oh, we've got it tonight,' and it's the opposite. Other nights I think, 'Oh, these guys aren't focused at all,' and they are."

That could double as a true statement and a passive aggressive way of calling out the young guys.

- As it turns out Grant Hill should play tonight and he has good things to say about Doc, "Doc's always fun to see. I have good memories of being around him, and I learned from him. I still consider him a good friend." - Grant Hill

- Celtics fans everywhere are hoping that ABC/ESPN's interest evolves into a Godfather/Nick Saban type of offer that Doc can't refuse.

No comments: