Sunday, January 21, 2007

Celtics News

Danny Ainge expects Tony Allen to bounce back: "We think Tony’s going to be back and be fine. There’s a lot of guys out there that come back from ACL’s nowadays and play as well as they have.” - Ainge

- If you missed Paul Pierce's extended visit with the guys on FSN you can check it out here. As it turns out Pierce is a legitimately funny guy.

There are numerous highlights but I enjoyed the following:

“You know I like the clean look you know sometimes you gotta look good in a suit, the urban look and the corporate look. That’s why I’m versatile.” – Pierce on his style.

“Wally. Wally is interesting. Wally likes to go with a real real tight look. You know he likes real tight jeans. Sometimes you can see his veins through his jeans because his pants are so tight.” – Pierce on Wally Szczerbiak’s sytle.

He thinks Rajon Rondo could be one of the top 5 point guards in the league in 3-4 years if he can develop a mid range jumper. Likens him to Gary Payton, minus the swagger.

“I didn’t see all that. My claim my claim is she was wasted. I mean it’s hard for you to fall asleep on New Years (laughing) going into 2007 in a club.” – On Britney Spears’ state when they were both in Las Vegas at the same time.

“You know what he’s he’s been salty about that because when I first saw that in the locker room about him not being able to play because of his body fat wasn’t right I called him I called him twice and he hasn’t returned my calls. So if you watching this Antoine call me back man. Don’t feel like that. I thought we was boys.” – Pierce on the deactivation of Antoine Walker.

In fact all of the Walker stuff is gold.

1 comment:

Jeff said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.