Wednesday, January 24, 2007

C's/Hawks - 1/24/05

Tough loss for the C's tonight. However, I laid down the gauntlet after the Spurs game and said it was time to jump on or off the bandwagon. There's still time either way. But realize that young teams are inconsistent. There will be highs and lows. Tonight was a low.

- Kendrick Perkins showed some signs tonight. Never mind the double-double in the first half, even though it was nice. I was more impressed by his lift and mobility at times.

- It's tough to see Big Al go down again, although I don't think he'll miss much time. However, it's far too early to tell. I watched the game with a friend who wondered if in the back of Danny's mind the injury history of Al and Delonte West come up when trades are discussed.

- I'm all for getting a great draft pick. But that was a game the C's should have pulled out. They ended up shooting 31.6% from the floor and it was just terrible down the stretch.

- One word for the second half offensive effort: anemic.

- I need to see Josh Smith play against another team so I won't feel guilty when I'm awed by his talent.

- This would have been a nice game for Gerald Green to step up.

- Do other teams have scouts? If so why does any squad play the C's man to man? The zone is Boston's kryptonite. That and injuries. And coaching. And home cooking. Whoops I'm getting negative.

- Time to put this one in the past and focus on Toronto.

Random Note

- Bill Walton just said that Tim Duncan was recruited by Wake Forest, Delaware something, Providence and Hartford. That's it.

No comments: