Tuesday, January 30, 2007

C's/Pacers - 1/30/07

Another tough loss tonight. The Celtics continue to be a mistake prone team that struggles to defend and score for stretches at a time. However, they play hard and generally keep it close. They may be the best at playing in games in which the final score makes the game seem much closer than it actually was. This is not a compliment. But they do play hard.

- I'm not sure Donny Marshall should be broadcasting games. Maybe you like him. However, I am sure that the three man team does not work. It stifles Tommy Heinsohn. We all accept the fact that Tommy will not be around forever and someone will have to step in. Quite frankly I'm amazed he still travels. But let's keep it to Mike Gorman and Tommy whenever possible.

- More importantly how about Al Jefferson (15 points, 17 boards). If he were a musician Big Al would be toiling in small clubs, simply blowing people away. And eventually he’d blow up and people all over the country would be wondering where the hell he came from. That’s what is going on now. At some point the C’s will end upon national TV or Jefferson will be the focus of a cover story in a publication with wide circulation. For the mean time C’s fans and NBA die hards know. Everyone else will soon. Just be happy that it's happening before your eyes.

- My post on which teams the current C’s would fit with best was delayed by sledding. As Pete Carroll would say, “I’m as surprised as you guys.” I’ll get to it eventually. In the meantime:

BEAT LA! BEAT LA! BEAT LA!

- I'm going to try and keep a running diary of my day tomorrow as I prepare for the hated Lakers

P.S. - Is anyone else creeped out by that picture of Big Al?

No comments: