Sunday, January 14, 2007

C's/Pistons - 1/13/07

I listened to the game on the radio and picked up some interesting insight from Sean Grande and Cedric Maxwell.

- Following a Michael Olowokandi air balled free throw:

“What the hell was that?” – Maxwell

“That looked like a Mike Vanderjagt field goal attempt in the playoffs.” – Grande

“That was terrible.” – Maxwell

- According to Max and Grande Doc Rivers called a play for Olowokandi in the Pacers game. The Kandi Man either didn’t know the play or was shocked that it was called for him.

- One of my friends e-mailed me the following, "Paging Al Jefferson. Paging Al Jefferson.” – What the fuck? Who uses a pager?

Well apparently Big Al got the page prior to the Pistons game, as he finished with 22 rebounds.

- No team in the NBA seems to toy with the C’s quite like the Pistons. Keep in mind Detroit was coming off losses to the Bobcats and Hawks. They always do enough to beat the Celtics.

- On my way from Massachusetts to New Hampshire I lost the station broadcasting the game. I spent about 10 minutes searching the AM dial, waiting for stations to come back from commercial breaks and swearing heavily. Eventually I had to settle on the Saints/Eagles game. The crowd was ridiculous.

- Somehow I have work tomorrow, but hopefully I can catch the second half. C’s/Hawks has the potential for craziness.

No comments: