Monday, January 29, 2007

C's/Wizards - 1/28/07

It was a big day of basketball yesterday. I caught Suns/Cavs and Lakers/Spurs until the C's came on. As I was watching the action I was struck by a few things.

1. The C's are 9 games back in the Atlantic and a ways from even competing in that terrible division. Obviously getting Paul Pierce back will help. But as it stands now the C's are about as low as one can get.

2. Needless to say the C's are not in the same league right now as the elite eastern squads such as Washington and Cleveland. Some of that will be fixed by having a real go to guy. But it seems deeper than that. Also something feels wrong when I type "elite eastern squads".

3. Finally the C's seem to be frighteningly far away from competing for a championship. Right now who on the Celtics would crack the Suns top 8?

- This is the state of mind I find myself in after 11 straight losses. That's 18 of the last 20 if you are keeping score at home. Yet I still enjoy watching this team. And I'm convinced that they will put it together. But a win would be nice.

- Just for kicks I've decided to try and figure out what teams would be perfect for the current Celtics to play for. Catch that later in the day.

No comments: