Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Draft Talk

I hate to interrupt my Beat L.A. thread, which has been awesome. But I got an excellent e-mail this afternoon about the coming draft.

"Josh (Lancaster, PA): Which frontcourt do you like best: Pierce/Jefferson/Oden, Pierce/Durant/Jefferson, or Pierce/Noah/Jefferson?

SportsNation David Thorpe: Oden and AJ not a good fit, and KD is not a 4. So I'd take door #3 or trade AJ and draft Oden.

How does he get away with saying things like this without justifying why Oden and Durant won't fit. Does this beg the question on draft day "Where would we play Greg Oden?". Irresponsible on his part but I am curious why he said this."

- That was the e-mail of the week.

- So after I recovered from the mandatory Lou Gorman flashback (Where are we going to play "insert awesome player such as Jeff Bagwell") I thought about it. Perhaps Oden would be risky because it takes big guys a while to develop. Paul Pierce isn't getting any younger and how long can a franchise rebuild? My head started spinning and I decided to not think about the draft until June. The NBA Draft that is. Meanwhile, I'm prepping for one of my favorite weekends of the year, the NFL Draft.

- I have only received one e-mail.

- Yes I realize the NFL Draft is three months away. Like I said I'm getting ready.

1 comment:

Ashlee said...

Appreciate you bloggingg this