Thursday, February 22, 2007

C's/Suns - 2/21/07

- I do not believe in moral victories. Or I believe in them to a point and this Celtics team has passed that point. It's nice that Phoenix had to play their starters until the end but it would have been a great game to win. And the C's played well.

- “There’s Nash ready to check back in and I’m sure Doc will make an adjustment.” – Donny Marshall in the 4th quarter. I was not as sure.

- Big Al put up 23 and 17 while Amare notched 32 and 12. You can't fault Jefferson too much though because the Suns personnel and system make it a lot easier on Stoudemire.

- The Suns are a very different team with Amare. I don't think they can go all the way without him. However, he seems to be the only Phoenix player that has his own agenda. When that agenda leads to stats like last night who cares? But you can see how he could possibly be detrimental to the team if he was getting time and was not healthy.

- At some point last night Sebastian Telfair had to think to himself, "Wait all they do is run, pick and roll, throw ally oops, and shoot 3s?"

- I saw Mike D'Antoni on TV a couple of months ago and he said that Leandro Barbosa's rise as a player was only a matter of time. He works hard, can shoot, and has blazing speed. That will do it.

- I may be the only one but I enjoyed the fact that Doc got a T.

- Paul Pierce does not look quite right yet.

- After a wildly unsuccessful Beat L.A. day of posting that led to Kobe Bryant dominating the C's and Gerald Green I should have retired that concept. But I'm going to bring it back for tomorrow. The Truth is home, the Lakers have lost 6 in a row, and the C's are going to steal one on the road. They're bound to win more than 5 away games right. Why not now?

No comments: