Monday, February 12, 2007

Free Delonte

Regular readers of Celtics Bandwagon know that the comedic emergence of Gilbert Arenas has made life difficult for me. Like a lot of bloggers Agent 0 has captivated me with “Hibachi!” and “My swag was phenomenal”. However, when he wore a boxing robe to the Wizards home opener and dropped 44 on the Celtics it hurt. And yet his blog is consistently brilliant. If you haven’t caught up on his recent competition with DeShawn Stevenson, do so now. I loved the following,

“It wasn’t that I cheated … (of course I cheated) … everyone’s seen me cheat, everyone’s seen it … it’s the fact that I made 73 with one hand.”

That’s right up there with Animal House’s “The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules, or took a few liberties with our female party guests - we did.”

But now I have a solution. Give Delonte West his own blog. That would instantly solve everything, as the funniest NBA blog would belong to a Boston Celtics player. Although I have an even better idea. But you’ll have to check out my Wrestlers/Celtics post in a week or so. Stay tuned.

No comments: