Monday, October 23, 2006

My so-called favorite non-Celtics player

Sunday was a dark day for everybody’s favorite fringe NBA player turned blogger as the Minnesota Timberwolves cut Paul Shirley. At first I was depressed by the fact that Shirley would not get a chance to return to what made him famous – blogging from the end of an NBA bench. Alas it was not meant to be. But then it was announced that Shirley would be hosting a chat over on ESPN at 4 PM, 36 minutes from now! I am ecstatic. Provided he left with a littler bitterness and his prospects of catching on somewhere else are slim, Shirley could come out swinging. Let’s just say I will be greatly disappointed if Mark Blount’s general attitude and Eddie Griffin’s car DVD collection don’t take a beating.

Coming later today: a Celtics profile, some thoughts on Luke Jackson and my take on the Carlos Boozer rumors

No comments: