Friday, November 17, 2006

C's/Blazers - 11/17/06

The C's took the Blazers behind the shed tonight. It was fun to watch and I'm too giddy to speak rationally about it. So I'll just make a few quick points:

- I love Leon Powe's game as much as the next guy. But I didn't realize he had the ability to make the drive and dunk he pulled off.

- Delonte West had the most productive 12 minutes and 54 seconds I've seen in a while.

- Zach Randolph got his numbers but Ryan Gomes made him work a bit. I loved when Tommy tried to compliment Brian Scalabrine for containing Randolph and the troubled Blazers power forward immediately put back a rebound. The fascinating thing about Randolph is that he scores, rebounds and shoots free throws really well. And that's about it.

- The Celtics young guys once again bombed from all over the court in mop up time while the starters whopped it up on the bench. I'm okay with the C's developing a reputation as a bunch of sore winners because that involves winning.

- That Blazers team needs to get healthy (Brandon Roy, Joel Przybilla and Raef LaFrentz) or it's going to be a long season.

No comments: