Sunday, November 19, 2006

C's/Knicks - 11/18/06

- I’ve been hearing about the phenomenon in New York where the Knicks’ subs consistently outplay the starters. Last night Jamal Crawford, David Lee, Nate Robinson, Renaldo Balkman, and Jerome James came off the bench to outscore (72-42) Stephon Marbury, Steve Francis, Quentin Richardson, Channing Frye, and Eddie Curry. Although to be fair Richardson had an uncharacteristic game and fouled out. Regardless I’d love to see the Knicks' 1st and 2nd teams play a game.

- Last night I was scribbling notes about the game before I gave up to pursue pizza. This morning I glanced at the 5 or 6 notes I had. One of them simply said, “GOMES!” If you watched the game that makes sense.

- No one is calling Steve Francis “the franchise” anymore right?

- What exactly is going on with Stephon Marbury? He had 8 assists last night but at no point was I worried about him.

- Say what you want about the Knicks but they can shoot foul shots (43 of 50).

- I would not want to have Jamal Crawford, Marbury and Francis on the same team. I would not compound that error by playing them together.

- You could make the argument that Isiah Thomas’ double technical was the coaching move that benefited the Celtics the most.

- The Knicks fans have mastered booing and sarcastic cheering. Well done.

- I think the Knicks bring out the worst in the Tommy Heinsohn. Everyone knows he’s biased but Tommy gave up all pretense of rational analysis last night. It was fascinating to watch it unfold.

No comments: