Friday, November 10, 2006

Friday - YouTube clip of the week

Realistically four white kids playing pick up ball in suburbia with a bizarre Kevin McHale homage deserves to be the clip of the week. But when I came across that clip I could not hold off until Friday, even if it was 6 hours away. Also I felt the need to pursue another injustice, which revolves around Chris Paul. He lit it up at Wake Forest, was ROY last year, is even better in his second season and will haunt the Hawks fan base for years to come. However, lost in the Chris Paul love fest is a little incident that I’m sure Julius Hodge has not forgotten.

I actually have an excerpt from Hodge’s diary circa senior night 2005:

- It was a memorable night:

1. Gave flowers to mom.

2. Got framed jersey.

3. Great applause from fans.

4. Lost to Wake because I wasn’t at full strength. See #5.

5. Cheap shot from Chris Paul.

So if we're going to be all over Hodge's Nuggets teammate Reggie Evans, Paul deserves some heat as well. By the way I always enjoy how YouTube groups similar videos together. That's why in the midst of my research for this post I came across an incident that made Paul's low blow pale in comparison while vindicating my decision to avoid Uruguay at all costs. Two final points about the clip:

1. The shirt-waving scene is epic.

2. As the clip closes is the anchor on the right fighting off laughter? If so, that’s cold.

No comments: