Sunday, January 14, 2007

NBA Trade Rumors

''I've talked to a bunch of teams. But what they want you to do is ridiculous. Everyone thinks there's a fire sale here. There's no fire sale here, period. None. I think there's a clear direction of where we want to go here and what we'd like to accomplish for now, for the remainder of the season, and for the rest of the year." - Jerry West courtesy of Marlon Morgan and Hoops Hype.

- West makes a good point when he talks about ridiculous proposals. I don't want to read another trade rumor in which the C's get a good contributing player in return without sending away Al Jefferson or Gerald Green. It's not that I want either one to leave. But other teams would have to be idiotic to not get one of them in a trade. Long story short we won't be seeing Pau Gasol in a Celtics jersey.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

And who might you be Mr. Wizard! I've heard recent rumors that Gasol is back on the market and that's good news for the struggling C's. The celtics need to get Gasol while holding onto Jefferson, Green, Powe, Ray, Pierce, and Gomes. We should trade Allen, Perkins and a First round pick for Gasol!

Jim said...

Over the last few days a lot has come out about Gasol being unhappy. And perhaps I went too far saying Gasol won't be a Celtic. But I'm not sure the logo would trade for a guy with a torn ACL, a guy with plantar fasciitis who isn't even in the top 9 on the C's and a yet to be determined pick. I'd love it but I'm not getting my hopes up. Also I get the sense you're messing with me. Damn you anonymous.