Thursday, March 08, 2007

Celtics Links

- The Celtics, upon trainer Ed Lacerte's request, canceled practice today. With Tony Allen, Theo Ratliff, and Wally Szczerbiak out for the year, Allan Ray in the D League, and Delonte West (concussion), Ryan Gomes (foot), and Al Jefferson (sore foot) battling injuries or pain, apparently it was not a tough call.

- Peter May explores the beating the Celtics absorbed last night.

- Apparently the Herald finally caught the same fever I have and the only prescription is Al Jefferson. Tony Massarotti's article talks about how Big Al has arrived. It turns out that one guy who knows a good deal about big men likes what he sees, “He’s got a chance to be a great, great, post-up player.” - Dikember Mutumbo on Al Jefferson.

- Not to be outdone Steve Bulpett gets into the act and focuses on Jefferson's desire to keep improving.
- It's never too early to start thinking about locking up young players as the team moves forward. Hopefully Big Al is a priority. Jefferson wants to stay,

“I love this place. I love the Green and White. I love Boston. If I have my way, I’ll stay here for the rest of my career. You don’t really know until you cross that bridge, but I really believe in my heart that everything will be OK and everything’s going to work out fine. I really do."

It's great that he wants to be here but the C's better be prepared to pay him.

- While the Celtics are not particularly good at winning, they're blazing a trail in corporate sponsorship. That's the strange thing about this squad. Their attendance is solid, there are 20 something blogs devoted to them, and now this. There's something to be said for being young and exciting. Of course eventually that has to translate into wins. Right?

- I always thought college dance teams were not really focused on dancing. I guess I was wrong, although I've heard things about the U's dance team.

- By the end of this week every local new outlet will have completed its "Al Jefferson is having a big year" piece.


No comments: