Thursday, March 08, 2007

The Kool-Aid

For regular readers of Celtics Bandwagon it's probably pretty clear that I drink the Celtics Kool-Aid. I really believe they will turn it around in the next year or two. Tommy Heinsohn is of this line of thinking, as is Loy's Place, which recently did a great job bringing us Tommy's opinion of the team. I agree with everything except the take on Kenrick Perkins:

"If you compare Perk's 1st 4 years to Jermaine O'Neal's first 4 years, Perk actually has a slight advantage, in spite of the injuries and a lack of playing time.

Perk
3.8 PPG
3.7 RPG
.9 BPG

O'Neal
3.7 PPG
3.1 RPG
.7 BPG

We can't say whether Perk will become as good as O'Neal for certain, but I believe he will be, and even better."

- I love Perk but I never see him developing an offensive game even close to O'Neal's. Furthermore, O'Neal is one of the most fluid big men in the NBA and as of this year a shot blocking machine. I see Kendrick evolving into one of the better back up centers in the league.
However, the bigger issue here is that Loy's Place is now the top Celtics blog, at least according to lowpost.net. I feel like this is a pretty big deal that no one is talking about. Maybe I'm the only one who cares about this type of stuff. And for the record I'm holding down 8th. I wish I had some sort of joke here so that this post didn't just end awkwardly...

No comments: