Saturday, March 03, 2007

Pats and C's

Often times I think we get a little carried away with the New England Patriots, Bill Belichick, and Scott Pioli. Nobody knew Tom Brady was going to be Tom Brady and I'm not convinced any of the Super Bowls happen without him. And Belichick and Pioli have made their mistakes. However, they're pretty damn good and they have the rings. And it has to be in their favor that I almost drove off the road this morning when I heard the Pats were close to landing Adalius Thomas. When was the last time a Celtics fan said, "Holy shit, we got (insert awesome player's name)!" The closest example is when they drafted Paul Pierce. And they're still trying to make that work.

On the flip side I'm fired up for C's/Nets. For some reason I always get excited for New Jersey. And yes I hate them.

No comments: